1. Description of Service
To use this site, you do not have to register to become a member of HumanResources.com (“Member”). As a Member, however, you will have access to various services to which non-Members do not have access, some of which will enable you and other site members to interact with each other (“Member Areas”). These Member Areas and services can include and at our discretion, site news, site pages, user forums, online photo galleries, and interactive features. This is not a comprehensive list of all the services provided on HumanResources.com. Members and non-Members must provide (1) all equipment necessary for their own Internet connection, including computer and modem, and (2) provide for Member’s access to the Internet, and (3) pay any fees relate with such connection.
If you would like to register to become a Member, please complete our membership registration form. When you do, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information, and you agree to maintain and update such information as necessary, such as age. If any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to so believe, we have the right to suspend or terminate your membership and to refuse to provide you with any future membership. We make a good faith effort to prohibit registration as a Member by, and will not knowingly connect or store personal information from, children as governed by law.
We reserve the right at any time to charge fees for access to HumanResources.com content or services or to portions of the existing Site content or services. In no event will you be charged for access to any Site content or service unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges. If you do not consent to such charges, however, you may not have access to the paid content or service.
3. Site Rules
The following are some basic rules that apply to HumanResources.com. If you violate any of the Site Rules, or if we have reasonable grounds to so believe, we have the right to deny you access to the Site, to suspend or terminate your membership and to refuse to provide you with any future membership. You agree not to use the site to upload, store, post, email or otherwise transmit any:
- Material that is inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racist, bigoted or otherwise objectionable;
- Material you do not have the right to transmit under law, or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Material that infringes on any trademark, trade secret, copyright, patent or other proprietary right of any party, advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation, except where specifically permitted;
- Or, material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
In addition, you agree not to:
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Site;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site, servers, or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Try to gain access to areas that are private to HumanResources.com administrators or to other HumanResources.com users;
- Violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or any regulation having the force of law;
- Stalk or otherwise harass another;
- Harm minors in any way, including, without limitation, to establish unlawful contact with minors (whether on or off the Site);
- Collect or harvest screen names; collect or store personal data about other users of the Site; or solicit or attempt to discover a user’s password, screen name, or other registration information without the user’s express knowledge and consent;
- Engage in or run raffles, lotteries, contests or sweepstakes;
- Promote or provide instructions of information about how to engage in illegal conduct or commit illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury, or promote any illegal act; or
- Store any information or use any Web page or directory you create for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another Web page, whether inside or outside the Site.
You acknowledge that we do not prescreen material posted or transmitted on the Site, but that we and our designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to review and edit, delete or refuse to post any material submitted for display or placed on the Site, including but not limited to message board posts, profiles, and member-to-member messages. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our designees shall have the right to remove any material that violates this Agreement that we believe in good faith may create liability for us, or that we deem is otherwise objectionable.
4. Public Areas
A Public Area (“Public Area”) of the Site is any area where you may submit material (“Submissions”) for viewing by others or view Submissions of other HumanResources.com users, such as profiles, forums, pictures or blogs. In some of these areas, a Submission includes the name, ID, screen name, and/or other information that would be displayed with the submitted material, as applicable. You agree to use Public Areas in accordance with the Agreement and any policies for the Public Areas that are displayed on the Site.
BY SUBMITTING MATERIAL TO A PUBLIC AREA, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HUMANRESOURCES.COM AND HOLD IT HARMLESS FROM ALL CLAIMS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS FOR LIBEL, SLANDER, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM SUCH SUBMISSION.
By making a Submission to any Public Area, you automatically grant HumanResources.com the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display and distribute the content of the Submission (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of HumanResources.com to access, view, store, or reproduce the Submission for that user’s personal use.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
The site is provided by HumanResources.com on an “as is” and on an “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, HumanResources.com makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this web site in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. HumanResources.com shall have no liability for any interruptions in the use of this Site. HumanResources.com disclaims all warranties with regard to the information provided, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; therefore the above-referenced exclusion is inapplicable.
6. Limitation of Liability
HUMANRESOURCES.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, AND IN PARTICULAR HUMANRESOURCES.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR LOSS OF USE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN IT, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, UNDER STATUTE, IN EQUITY, AT LAW, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF HUMANRESOURCES.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IS INAPPLICABLE.
You agree to indemnify and hold HumanResources.com, Sites To See Corporation, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by you, or other user of the Service using your computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
8. Member’s Account
All registered Members of the Service shall receive a password and an account. Members are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under their account whether authorized or not authorized. Member agrees to notify HumanResources.com of any unauthorized use of Member’s account or any other breach of security known or should be known to the Member. Member’s right to use the Service is personal to the Member. Member agrees not to resell or make any commercial use of the Service without the express written consent of HumanResources.com.
9. Modifications and Interruption to Service
HumanResources.com reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service with or without notice to the user. HumanResources.com shall not be liable to the user or any third party should HumanResources.com exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Service. You acknowledge and accept that HumanResources.com does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Site and operation of our Site may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
10. Third-Party Sites
11. Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Vendor Information
Product specifications and other information have either been provided by the Vendors or collected from publicly available sources. While HumanResources.com makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate, we can make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on this website.
HumanResources.com makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any product provided or offered by any Vendor, and you acknowledge that any reliance on representations and warranties provided by any Vendor shall be at your own risk.
12. Governing Jurisdiction of the Courts of Ontario, Canada
13. Compliance with Laws
Users of the Site assume all knowledge of applicable law and are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the Service in any way that violates applicable provincial, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, provincial, national, or international law or regulation.
14. Copyright and Trademark Information
All content included or available on this site, including site design, text, software, photos, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof is ©1999-2012 HumanResources.com, with all rights reserved, or is the property of Sites To See Corporation and/or third parties protected by intellectual property rights. HumanResources.com permits, without charge, the reproduction and distribution of HumanResources.com material contained on the Site for non-commercial, educational, and personal uses; provided that such materials remain unaltered and are accompanied by a clearly visible copy of any copyright notice appearing on such materials and by the Site’s URL (http://www.HumanResources.com). Any other use of materials on the website, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or replication, any form of data extraction or data mining, or other commercial exploitation of any kind, without prior written permission of an authorized officer of HumanResources.com is strictly prohibited. Members agree that they will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained therein without prior written permission of an authorized officer of HumanResources.com.
Sites To See Corporation™ and HumanResources.com™ are proprietary marks of HumanResources.com. HumanResources.com’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not provided by HumanResources.com, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits HumanResources.com.
All other trademarks displayed on the HumanResources.com Site are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of those Vendors. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the sites of Vendors is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those Vendors endorse or have any affiliation with HumanResources.com.
15. Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
HumanResources.com respects the intellectual property rights of others. Pursuant to Title 17 U.S.C. 512, as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“Act”), HumanResources.com has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed by a Member, please contact us. The information requested by the Notice of Infringement Form substantively complies with 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3)(A), which provides a written communication provided to the designated agent of a service provider that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party such as an address, telephone number, and if available, electronic email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notification from a copyright owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that fails to comply substantially with the provisions above shall not be considered as providing actual knowledge or an awareness of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent. Please provide a Notice of Infringement Form information each time you wish to report alleged acts of infringement.
Please note that HumanResources.com will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the account of any Member who repeatedly posts infringing material on the Site.
HumanResources.com retains the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any accounts involved with botnets and related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, HumanResources.com reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
This website is a collaborative website written by a group of individuals. For questions about this website, please contact us.
- This website accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this website. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
- This website does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
- The owner(s) of this website is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this website receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the authors’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
18. Other Terms
You agree that, regardless of any statue or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out of or related to use of the Site or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in this Agreement are solely used for convenience and have no legal or contractual significance.